(1) Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. warrant that certain products identified below ("Product(s)") will be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase from the time periods described herein. The provisions of this consumer warranty agreement (hereafter "Warranty", and where "Warranty" is used shall apply to the warranty coverage for that specific Product referred to) apply to Sunrise Products manufactured from and including January 1, 2009.
(2) This Warranty is subject to all terms, conditions, exclusions, limitations, disclaimers etc. contained herein.
(3) This Warranty is for the benefit of the Original Consumer (original purchaser of the Product and the original owner of the building in which the Product is installed) if the Product (hereinafter the "Consumer") when purchased from Sunrise Windows, an authorized Sunrise Windows dealer, distributor, contractor or builder and shall not be transferable from the Owner subsequent transferee.
(4) In this Warranty, "Claim" shall mean a request for replacement or repair of a defective Product submitted by a Consumer in accordance with section 4 herein.
(5) NO Assignment-The warranties provided are only to the Original Consumer as defined under item 1-General.If you are the original owner of the building in which the product is installed but were not the original purchaser of the product,you should note that it is the responsibility of the dealer representative or contractor or other person who supplied the product or that building to you to provide you with a copy of this warranty and the instructions for care and maintenance.Failure to do so will not subject Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd to any express or implied warranties,liabilities or remedies other than those that are expressly provide for in this document.
This warranty provides coverage, as detailed below, for the following Product:
Skilled labour required to replace or repair any defective Product or Product component is covered by this Warranty for two (2) years following the date of purchase. Unless otherwise specified.
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) will provide a limited lifetime warranty on all PVC components against defect in materials and workmanship such as discoloration, warping, pitting, and blistering. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the coverage provided for this subsection does not apply to coloured extrusions. Sunrise Windows will repair or replace the defective PVC component, at no charge for the lifetime of the product from the date of purchase. Minor repairs and adjustments will be made on site.
Stanpro Series / Suncatcher Windows
Sunrise Windows will provide a twenty-five (25) year warranty on all PVC components against defect in material and workmanship. such as discoloration, warping, pitting, and blistering. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the coverage provided for this subsection does not apply to coloured extrusions. Sunrise Windows will generally service or repair any defective PVC components at the factory providing the original consumer returns the components. The original consumer shall be responsible for all installation costs after two (2) years. Minor repairs and adjustments will be made on site.
Sunrise Windows reserves the right to discontinue or change extrusions. If the extrusions have been discontinued or are not available, Sunrise Windows reserves the right to substitute extrusions of equal quality as may be compatible, provided in the event no compatible product is at the time manufactured by Sunrise Windows. It shall not be required to create new dies for the purposes here of and this warranty shall be of no force of effect.
Vinyl components will distort if exposed to extreme heat, or if stored in a confined area under extreme temperature. Vinyl components can also become damaged if other heavy materials are stored on top of them. Distortion of vinyl components due to improper handling or storage is not covered by warranty.
Any window or door with a build out over 1" will automatically be reverted to the "Stanpro Series" warranty. Any build-out over 2" has NO warranty.
Sunrise Windows will have a limited ten (10) year warranty against delamination of coloured PVC and its specified products. This warranty does not apply to uniform fading or colour change due to normal weather conditions.
See Limited Paint Warranty - For details Click Here
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) will provide a limited warranty to the original customer against defect in material or error in workmanship. Truth Inc. warrants hardware manufactured by Truth Inc. for the lifetime of the product. This warranty does not cover products that have been abused, misused, worn out, altered, or used in a manner for which it is not intended. The Truth Inc. lifetime warranty does not include replacement labour; however Sunrise Windows will pay for the labour involved in the replacement of all hardware within a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. The warranty coverage is limited to the replacement value of the defective hardware. Regular lubrication following the initial installation is the responsibility of the consumer.
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) warrants all insulated glass units in any Sunrise Windows products against failure of the hermetic seal for a lifetime limited warrant from the date of purchase.
Sunrise Windows obligations under this warranty shall be limited to replacement of insulated glass only. Sunrise Windows will repair defective units free of charge for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. Sunrise Windows reserves the right to limit labour costs for replacing insulated glass in outlying areas. In addition, Sunrise Windows, at its option, will provide a replacement insulating glass unit to the original point of sale or refund the original purchase price of the failed unit. After two (2) years from the date of purchase, the customer will be responsible for the cost and arrangements of installing or similar activities involved in the replacement of glass.
This warranty does not apply to breakage of any kind, including cracking, shattering or breaks unless the product was delivered broken. This warranty does not apply to the installations where loads applied to the unit exceed the structural performance rating of the unit without prior written approval of the design by Sunrise Windows. Localized application of heat, which can cause excessive temperature differentials over the glass surface or edges, strain applied by movement of the building, or where adequate expansion or contraction of framing members has not been allowed for, as also specifically excluded. Any unit retrofitted with a solar control film adhered to any surface of the glass will be specifically excluded from this warranty. Venetian Blinds installed less than 2" (5cm) from the glass may cause failure or cracks and may nullify the warranty.
The IG warranty is transferable to new home owners; however, the warranty period shall be twenty (20) years from the date of purchase. It is the responsibility of the new home owner to provide proof of purchase of Sunrise Windows products. Sunrise Windows obligations under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the IG unit only. The warranty is for material, does not include installation costs, travel costs (if applicable) and must be installed / serviced by a authorized factory Sunrise Windows technician only. This does not apply to patio doors, door lites, or speciality glass or any windows / doors manufactured / purchased before 2009.
Sloped Glazing / Sloped Windows
Sunrise Windows makes no other express or implied representation or warranty of any kind regarding sloped glazing / sloped windows and / or overhead glazed / window applications,whether as to mechantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use,or any other matter.
If you have a Sunrise Windows product in your home and discover a glass crack, go to Sunrise Windows “Service Request” and fill out your information, a Service Technician will assist you in your replacement of the glass needed for your window from our pre- customer pricing plan.
See Sunrise Windows "Glass Breakage" on this website for more information on stress cracks and why they happen.
Procedure and Conditions of Warranty
All warranty claims must include proof of purchase. Any claims made should be submitted in writing to the distributor or dealer who installed or sold the product. The claim should make reference to the sales order number and the specific claim.
No product which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a dully authorized representative of Sunrise Windows shall be covered under this warranty.
Exterior Door Glass
Sunrise Windows provides a limited warranty for ten (10) years from the date of purchase on all decorative, obscure, clear and Low E doorlites as well as patio door glass-sealed units. This coverage is subject to exclusions herein. If the air seal fails, Sunrise Windows will repair, replace or provide a credit towards the replacement glass sealed unit.
SUGGESTION: The customer should have glass insurance to cover glass breakage. It should be noted; condensation on the interior (room side) glass surface is a sign of high humidity. It is not a product defect.
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) will provide a limited warranty on steel insulated doors against warping and delamination for the period of twenty (20) years from the date of purchase and twenty-five (25) for fibreglass doors, provided the door slab is sealed on all surfaces. The door manufacturer will replace the defective door slab at no charge. No labour or installation is included after two (2) years from the date of purchase. Sunrise Windows does not warranty the performance of the primer coat/paint/stain on the steel and fibreglass door. Failure to paint door, door lite, trim, decorative trim and jamb within thirty (30) days of installation or use of a storm door with an entry door that has plastic decorative or window trim will void the warranty. Door warpage is considered a defect when the deflection exceeds 5/16th of an inch of 8mm providing that door is manufactured with standard lock and hinge preparation. This warranty will cover doors with glazing units 21" x 65" or less.
Entry Door System jamb and wood frame components will be protected against defects such as holes, rotting and blistering for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase provided they are protected from the elements and finished with a good quality top coat paint or stain within 30 days of delivery and a clear sealer or varnish immediately following installation. Wood components must be stored in a covered, dry area and not be exposed to forms of moisture and high humidity. All wood / composite parts including but not limited to door jambs, mull posts, brickmould and mull casing are not covered by this Limited Warranty for bowing, splitting, swelling, or warping defects in the frame in which the door slab is hung.
Not warranted is any labour, unless otherwise specified for removing, installing, or replacing product or components or labour for other materials that are removed, reinstalled or refinished (painting or staining) in conjunction with repairing or replacing the defect product or component.
Any expansion foam insulation used in door installations will void this provision of the warranty.
During the winter months, door panels can bow due to the extreme temperature variations between the interior and exterior of the door. This is known as "thermal bow" and is not the sign of a defective product.
Action on any claim for warp on our Premium Fiberglass Doors may be deferred, at the option of Sunrise Windows, for a period not to exceed 12 months from the date of claim. The door must remain hung in the original installation during the period of deferment, to permit conditioning to humidity and temperature.
Factory applied caulking must be maintained properly by the homeowner.
See Limited Door Hardware Warranty - For details Click Here
Prestige Series / Darwin Series
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) will provide a limited twenty (20) year warranty on all vinyl components against defect in material and workmanship. Insulated Glass will carry a (20) year warranty against seal failure. Mini blinds shall remain in good operational condition and be free from manufacturing defects for (5) years including seal failure. All Hardware including but not limited to rollers,sash locks and door handles, will remain in good operational condition for a period of (2) years. Should any material be found defective during the warranty period, Sunrise Windows will repair or replace the defective component, at no charge, within two (2) years from the date of purchase. The original consumer shall be responsible for all installation costs after two (2) years. Minor repairs and adjustments will be made on site.
Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd. (Sunrise Windows) will provide a ten (10) year warranty on all components against defect in material and workmanship. Sunrise Windows will generally service or repair any defective components at the factory providing the components are returned by the original consumer. The original consumer shall be responsible for all installation costs after two (2) years. Minor repairs and adjustments will be made on site.
This warranty does not cover painted vinyl doors or the screen mesh therein.
Where a product or component by the Warranty, remedies are limited to the following, any which may be chosen at the discretion of Sunrise Windows:
- Repair existing product or component. If Sunrise Windows elects to repair the product, labour will be covered for up to two (2) years from the date of purchase, subject to the exceptions detailed in the following subsection.
- Replace the damaged product or component. If Sunrise Windows elects to provide a replacement product, the limited warranty on the replacement product will last for the balance of the warranty on the original product;
- Refund the original price of product or component.
Sunrise Windows is not responsible for paint or any other refinishing required after the remedial work is complete. Sunrise Windows reserves the right to investigate the reason for the product failure after a claim has been made and if it is determined that the product was damaged by negliance, misuse, or wilful conduct on the part of the consumer or any other person not associated with Sunrise Windows, no remedy under this warranty shall be available to the consumer. In the case of discontinued products or components, the closest available match will be used. Colours on replacement products or components may vary from original.
All warranty coverage provided for herein shall be valid only if the products are properly handled, installed, finished and maintained. In addition to the foregoing and notwithstanding anything otherwise provided for herein, Sunrise Windows shall have no liability for product damage or defects caused by:
- Accident, abuse, misuse or negligence in handling, installation or operation, finishing (or failure to provide proper finishing), operation, or maintenance (or failure to properly maintain);
- Any product, component or hardware not manufactured by Sunrise Windows
- Modifications or attachments to products or components that are not authorized by Sunrise Windows;
- Misapplication if the product, faulty building construction or design, including but not limited to installation;
- Stress due to localized application of heat, movement of building or building components or expansion or contraction of building or building components;
- Damage in transit after leaving Sunrise Windows' plant or fleet not caused by Sunrise Windows or anyone associated with Sunrise Windows;
- Natural disasters and any other cause beyond control of Sunrise Windows;
- Variations in the grain pattern and colour of wood products or components;
- Exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants;
- Water damage to wood products or wood components that are installed in enclosed, high-humidity areas without proper ventilation and any other water damage to any product resulting from prolonged condensation or frost exposure as a result of installation in an area or structure of high humidity;
- Excess debris and direct rain exposure during construction, extreme build-up of dirt and grime in track, drain hole, and other key window and door components that cause malfunction in the product's performance;
- 'AS IS' product sold are not covered by the original consumer warranty as they have been discounted accordingly;
- Subsequent damages and repair work not covered in this warranty. Warranty is limited to the replacement value of the product or component only. Sunrise Windows shall not be liable under any circumstances for any incidental, consequential or other damages;
- Removal of product, shipping costs, painting and refinishing, installation or restoration or other similar costs and the responsibility for those costs shall be the consumer's;
- Doorlites that are not properly maintained;
- Sunrise Windows reserves the right to limit transportation and labour costs incurred where the defective product or component is located more than fifty (50) kilometres from the original point of purchase. Where products are sold outside of the warranted area, the coverage is restricted to the supply of the defective product or component to the original point of purchase only;
- Glass imperfections that are acceptable relative to published Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) specifications;
- Window shades, blinds, coverings or curtains installed in a manner that will trap heat against the window surface;
- This warranty is null and void unless Sunrise Windows receives full payment for all work associated with the supply of the products to be covered under this warranty. No warranty certificate shall be in effect until full payment is received.
In order to make a claim under this warranty:
(1) As soon as possible upon discovery of a defective product, contact either the dealer, distributor, or builder from whom you purchased your product, or contact Sunrise Windows directly;
By Mail: Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd.
6724 - 50 Street
Edmonton, AB T6B 3M9
By E-Mail: Fill Out Our Service Request Form
(2) You will be required to provide the following information to make a claim;
- Model, Product description and SO (Sales Order) number;
- Proof of place and price of product purchase;
- Verification of date of manufacture, if indicated on product;
- Detailed description of the product defect(s);
- Full name, address and phone number(s) of original consumer; and
- Date of installation and authorized
(3) After submitting a claim, Sunrise Windows will review the claim and contact the consumer within a reasonable time thereafter.
(4) Sunrise Windows shall have the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover its expenses in the event that an on-site inspection is required or requested by the consumer. Sunrise Windows shall reimburse the consumer for the full amount of the fee if the claim is determined to be covered by this warranty upon investigation of defect.
(1) No distributer, dealer or representative of Sunrise Windows shall have the authority to change, modify or expand this warranty and any purported modification to this warranty shall be of no force and effect;
(2) The remedies provided for this warranty are the only remedies Sunrise Windows will provide with respect to any of its products;
(3) This warranty shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta;
(4) The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision or provisions of this warranty shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect;
(5) This warranty constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein;
Despite our dedication to the highest standards it is still possible that one of our components may fail. Our excellent guarantees have been conceived with you and this in mind.
Our dealers and representatives are committed to providing the best after sales service where and when it is really needed. We are, however, too frequently required to make calls for reasons beyond our control and responsibility. Condensation, almost always is due to higher than recommended inside humidity levels in relations to colder outside temperature; window and door adjustments and oversights in installation are among the most typical. Before requesting a service call, please review our warranty and installation instructions. It may help to avoid the minimum charge of $180.00. We thank you for your cooperation.