Builder, Subcontractor or Dealer
- The information provided is to assist door installers in the correct ways of installing a Sunrise Door. It will illustrate how to install a Sunrise Door using methods and material that help eliminate water leaks.
- The Purpose of these guidelines is ensure a long useful door life with a good resistance to water related intrusion problems.
- Doors that close without any force do not provide sufficient compression against the weather-stripping, and will cause air or water leakage under wind pressure.
TIP: a door's compression weather-stripping works best when the door slab is tighter and requires some force to close.
NOTE: During the winter months, door panels can bow due to extreme temperature variation between interior and exterior of the door. This is known as "Thermal Bow" and is not a sign of defective product.
Different parts of the country have different code requirements, which may not be covered in these instructions. The installer is responsible for insuring the installation complies with local codes.
Single entry door / Garden door / Door and sidelite Installation instructions
- 1. Verify rough opening measurements to door size and verify door swing. Width of opening should be 1" larger then door frame and height should be 1/2" larger then doorframe.
- 2. Check rough opening for plumb, level and square. Using a 6 foot level check framing levelness. Make sure floor is a flat clean weight bearing surface. Make any correction changes NOW before continuing.
Make sure the walls around the opening are in the same plane by performing a string test. Attach string diagonally across opening on outside as shown. The strings should gently touch at center. If not, opening is out of plumb by "twice" that distance and must be corrected.
*an out of plumb condition is one of the most common reasons doors leak air and water.